The Brains behind Rehab Therapy
Not all rehabilitation therapists are created equal. At Brainworks, our highly skilled Rehabilitation Therapists set the bar for professionals in the field. With their vast and diverse rehab knowledge, training and experience, they provide one-on-one therapeutic intervention and support to clients of all ages:
- In thoughtful integration of treatment protocols of other treatment team members to the highest standards
- In relevant, meaningful rehabilitation projects and exercises focused on the client’s individual needs
- In facilitating independence, helping to maximize each person’s potential
- In services delivered in a caring, compassionate, and sensitive manner
Certified Brain Injury Specialists (CBIS)
Brainworks’ staff are highly skilled. A strong emphasis is placed on CBIS certification. We have several therapists and two trainers who are CBIS-certified, with others moving through the program. At Brainworks, for a therapist to attain the designation of Senior Rehabilitation Therapist, among other qualifications, they must at least be CBIS-certified. Each of our CBIS-certified staff has exceptional knowledge in:
- The incidence and epidemiology of brain injury
- The continuum of services in the community
- The anatomy of the brain and brain-behaviour relationships
- The functional impact of brain injury
- Effective treatment approaches
- Children and adolescents with brain injury
- Health and medical management
- Family issues
- Legal and ethical issues
What Sets Brainworks Apart
A number of key elements set us apart in the rehab industry:
- Our knowledge and skill base, our wide range of services and programs, and our high professional standards.
- Our large team of therapists is unprecedented; it allows us to provide more in-depth care, such as one-to-one support on a 24-hour basis for more complex cases.
- Our rehab therapists are based throughout Southwestern and South-Central Ontario, the Muskoka region, Sudbury and Timiskaming & District; they are available whenever and wherever they are needed. For inquiries about other locations in Ontario, please contact us.
- Our diversity in backgrounds and culture: Services are offered in a number of languages as some clients experience language and cultural barriers while working through their circumstances. We hire therapists from diverse backgrounds, with a range of supplementary skills to offer the best matches for our clients.
- For the well-being of our clients, we have set in place comprehensive workplace insurance that protects them during all back-to-work programs and assessments.
- The membership of our therapists in several professional organizations, such as the Canadian Pain Society, brings an even more expanded knowledge base to our work with clients who have special needs.
- Our competitive rates: Initial consultation for potential clients is at no cost. Brainworks does not implement a minimum time requirement for session duration, and travel and mileage expenses for therapists working in major centres are often flat-rated.
With Our Clients in Mind
At Brainworks, we highly value, promote and invest in a number of key areas:
- Clinical Excellence: Our therapists are required to engage in clinical professional development on an ongoing basis to continuously broaden their clinical knowledge, skills and expertise.
- Quality Control Measures: We ensure the highest standards in our services, not only clinically, but administratively. We know how critical it is to our clients and community partners that all documentation be accurate and up to date.
- Research and Best Practices: We integrate the latest research and best practices into all of our programs and services.
- Community Involvement: We are firmly committed to giving back to our community through sponsorships, donations, memberships, and especially in raising awareness and promoting injury prevention.
Brainworks offers the most comprehensive rehabilitation therapy programs and services in the region, delivered by a team of professionals with hundreds of years of combined professional experience. Our organization is dedicated to clinical excellence and service, as we continue to lead the industry.
Brainworks: Your first choice for rehabilitation excellence
For more information about our rehabilitation therapy services, or to request information about other services we provide, please contact:
|Near North Office
387 Muskoka Road 3 North
Phone: (705) 787-7500
Call ext. 0 and your call will be directed appropriately.