General Staff Information
Upon request we are happy to provide detailed curriculum vitae of our staff. To view brief profiles of all of our professional staff please click the appropriate link on the menu above.
Professional Staff Locations
Brainworks staff live and work in many communities throughout Central and Northeastern Ontario. Brainworks has offices in Huntsville and North Bay and provides services along the Highway 11 corridor from Orillia to Cochrane, Ontario.
Wherever appropriate, Brainworks staff are members of their professional regulatory organizations, which exist to protect the public. Some of our staff are members of:
- Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers
- The College of Psychologists of Ontario
- College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario
CBIS / CBIST Certification
Clinical experience and leadership is critical for staff who work in the field of brain injury rehabilitation. Staff who have experience produce better outcomes for the individuals that they work with every day. The American Academy of Brain Injury Specialists (AACBIS) was created under the auspices of the Brain Injury Association of America to provide a standard of training for persons working with individuals with brain injury. Certifications through AACBIS include Certified Brain Injury Specialist (CBIS) and Certified Brain Injury Specialist Trainers (CBIST). Currently a internationally recognized certification body, the mission of AACBIS is to improve the quality of care by establishing accepted competency standards for the education and training of individuals working in brain injury rehabilitation.
When individuals achieve a CBIS credential:
- They significantly improve their knowledge base regarding the specialized needs of people with brain injuries, which allows them to identify issues, problems and solutions earlier, and improve outcomes for our clients.
- They elevate the quality of the clinical discussions in treatment teams, which improves continuity, individualization, and appropriateness of care.
- They are motivated to continue their professional development through the annual renewal and CEU process, giving them opportunities to step back from their busy work lives, and appreciate and improve the care they give.
- They are validated with a specialized certification that recognizes their unique skills, and the time and effort it takes to master those skills.
Our Brainworks staff are continually updating their skills by attending numerous relevant workshops and conferences. In so doing, we stay current with the latest treatment techniques, clinical practices and legislative changes.